Thursday, July 28, 2011

On Being Gay and Christian...and Published?

John Shore
John Shore, a career writer (currently on his own blog and for The Huffington Post), recently advertised that he was looking for LGBT Christians to "Tell Evangelicals (and the World) Your Story".  I stumbled upon it several weeks ago, and thought it was a good idea, but in the midst of the craziness of life decided I simply didn't have time for it.

But last week when I was vacationing in Vermont, I ran across another blogger (Misty at "More Musings on Christianity, Homosexuality, and the Bible") who mentioned that John was still looking for contributors for his upcoming book on the subject. So I shot him an email to ask if he was indeed still looking, and he quickly responded that he was.
Misty




Since I had already been chewing on "my story" for essay responses for my application to graduate counseling programs, I was able to fire off something substantive for John in only a couple of hours.  Today, John posted it to his popular blog: "Who Would Dare Argue This Gay Man Isn't Christian?" 

Thus far, the responses have been quite good...just waiting for the fuddy duddies to chime in.  (Let's pray they stay away though...I don't want anything ruining my mood!)

I know there are few of my faithful followers who identify as both gay and Christian (and some who - like me - are somewhat leery of identification with the latter)...I hope you share your stories as well!  The more the better, I say.  

4 comments:

Pomoprophet said...

Look at you! I wrote a little paragraph for him when I first heard about this book too. I tried to keep it short as I figure evangelicals flipping through might actually read it. :) Good for you for taking the time to share your thoughts and bless others through them!

Heath Fields said...

HOORAY!! Beautifully written, babe. I'm so happy to see it blessing so many people.

Pomoprophet said...

Your article now made it to Huffington Post:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-shore/who-would-dare-argue-this_b_911772.html

And was also tweeted about on the GCN twitter account page:

http://twitter.com/#!/GayChristianNet

You're blowing up!

D.J. Free! said...

LOL! Wow! I had no idea he was gonna go to HuffPo with it! Damn! If only I could make some money off of this! J/K. It's just nice to know the Christian world is getting this message...